The Unusual Suspects
The Unusual Suspects
The Unusual Suspects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Unusual Suspects

The friends repentance corner

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

**Magmaw **

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rich

Rich

**Magmaw ** Empty
PostSubject: **Magmaw **   **Magmaw ** EmptyJanuary 7th 2011, 14:33

Magmaw is either the first or second encounter (as your raid chooses) in the Blackwing Descent raid instance.

**Magmaw ** Wowscrnshot010711202713

Overview:

There are two sections to the fight, the ranged focus on moving as a group, dealing with adds. Meanwhile, the melee dps the boss whilst waiting for him to lower his head; when this occurs they are able to mount Magmaw and gain an ability that allows them to throw a chain at the spike in front of him. When this happens the boss will become impaled causing him to take 100% more damage - at this point the healers should regen, and dps cooldowns should be used as he's unable to cast any abilities.

Tanks:

- Either one, or two tanks can be used for the fight. Two tanks can reduce the damage taken by the tank drastically although lowering dps
- If using two tanks, the second tank should taunt when the primary tank receives mangle to reduce the pressure on healers

Healers:

- A lot of stress on AoE healing at the start
- Use time where the boss is stunned to regen
- Move INSTANTLY when Pillar of Flame is spawned on you (firey circle) to the other ranged zone
- Move as a ranged group between the two ranged positions
- Move INSTANTLY to the other half of the room when the boss uses Ignition (looks like smoke appearing on the floor)
- Use the time that Magmaw is stunned to regen, a good time to use Potion of Concentration

Ranged DPS:

- Move INSTANTLY when Pillar of Flame is spawned on you (firey circle) to the other ranged zone
- Move INSTANTLY to the other half of the room when the boss uses Ignition (looks like smoke appearing on the floor)
- Kill adds ASAP!!!!
- You must ABSOLUTELY NOT be hit by an add (parasite) as this will spawn more adds like in the Illidan Stormrage encounter in The Black Temple
- When the boss is impaled you may dps the boss (pop cooldowns as he takes double damage)
- Slows, roots, stuns and knockbacks all work on the adds

Melee DPS:

- DPS the boss
- When the boss lunges forward you may mount his head by right clicking on the spikes
- Use the ability Constricting Chains when on his head on the spike in front of him

**Magmaw ** Wowscrnshot010911202806

**Magmaw ** Wowscrnshot010711202847

Green - Ranged Position One
Blue - Ranged Position Two
Yellow - Spike for melee to aim for when on bosses head

**Magmaw ** Magmaw

External reading:
wowwiki
wowhead
Tankspot

Last edited by Rich on January 13th 2011, 09:34; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rembob

Rembob

**Magmaw ** Empty
PostSubject: Re: **Magmaw **   **Magmaw ** EmptyJanuary 8th 2011, 02:22

Gotta say Vear, you still got it in you :O

But seeing as you can only be 1 on the head at the time, i suggest we have a chosen one to do it. so the melee dont have to fight and maybe dont get on the head at all.
Back to top Go down
Tais
Administrator
Tais

**Magmaw ** Empty
PostSubject: Re: **Magmaw **   **Magmaw ** EmptyJanuary 8th 2011, 06:09

nice pictures, gnomo Razz and we can see the part for Rem is in pink cause he is very special Very Happy

my impression from the fight... I did try it on fire to do aoe dmg on the parasites and I am not very happy with the result... I saw the parasites have around 100k HP each... maybe I'll be more effective on arcane and dps-ing them on single target...
Back to top Go down
Qenna

Qenna

**Magmaw ** Empty
PostSubject: Re: **Magmaw **   **Magmaw ** EmptyJanuary 8th 2011, 07:46

I highly recommend Potions of concentration for this fight for the healers, you'll have free time during the impale phase so can spend the 10 secs to get 22k mana back from them.
Back to top Go down
Rich

Rich

**Magmaw ** Empty
PostSubject: Re: **Magmaw **   **Magmaw ** EmptyJanuary 9th 2011, 04:35

Ah, only one person can be on the head in 10 man? This is very interesting thanks for the info Rem Smile.
Back to top Go down
Rembob

Rembob

**Magmaw ** Empty
PostSubject: Re: **Magmaw **   **Magmaw ** EmptyJanuary 10th 2011, 03:04

was wrong rich! WRONG!...
Back to top Go down
Rich

Rich

**Magmaw ** Empty
PostSubject: Re: **Magmaw **   **Magmaw ** EmptyJanuary 10th 2011, 03:56

Seems you were Rem Smile, for clarity: multiple people are able to mount Magmaw in 10 man!
Back to top Go down
Rembob

Rembob

**Magmaw ** Empty
PostSubject: Re: **Magmaw **   **Magmaw ** EmptyJanuary 10th 2011, 03:58

i tought you could only be 1, since when nimbuss jumped on during the first tries i couldnt get on him :p atleast i admit i was wrong!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

**Magmaw ** Empty
PostSubject: Re: **Magmaw **   **Magmaw ** Empty

Back to top Go down

**Magmaw **
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Unusual Suspects :: General :: How to kill a ...-
Jump to: