The Unusual Suspects
The Unusual Suspects
The Unusual Suspects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Unusual Suspects

The friends repentance corner

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

*Atramedes*

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rich

Rich

*Atramedes* Empty
PostSubject: *Atramedes*   *Atramedes* EmptyJanuary 10th 2011, 05:19

Atramedes is a blind dragon found on the north side of the ring in the Blackwing Descent raid encounter. This is a two phase encounter involving a new mechanic; a sound meter that if allowed to reach 100 the boss will instantly kill you. Your sound level is increased by being hit by Atramedes' abilities making this an avoidance and endurance encounter - THIS IS NOT A DPS RACE!

*Atramedes* Ss1413

*Atramedes* Wowscrnshot011011112053

The two trash packs shown here can be pulled in seperate pulls of four. Each has their own unique ability and upon death grants the others their own ability: the last mob will have all four abilities! When one dies the rest regain full health. Also take note of the throne behind each mob, next to each throne is a gong that will play an important role in the encounter. There are ten gongs in total.

*Atramedes* 37952498

The sound meter which you use to monitor your current sound level. As you gain sound the blue circle in the middle grows. Once reaching 100 sound you WILL die!

General

- Each of the abilities the boss uses will increase your sound if hit
- This is an endurance encounter

More to come...
Back to top Go down
Octaviat

*Atramedes* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *Atramedes*   *Atramedes* EmptyJanuary 11th 2011, 01:22

Hm, few thoughts about positioning

If I've understood correct yesterday we had positions like this:
*Atramedes* Pos1
Group 1: Pala, Lannis, Tais
Group 2: Ephe, Qenna, Vear
Group 3: Zentai, Rem, Xao
Tank: Annu

I found it not very convenient for myself being a tank healer. Often tank was out of range (while dodging circles) so I had to move back and fort. Especially after the second land the boss is facing the other direction (not the exit) and the tank is too far to reach. And if someone from my group gets the fire beam and that one is behind my back, I become KFP (Kentuky Fried Paladin Sad )
I would suggest following positions:

*Atramedes* Pos2
Group 4: Pala (heh, a group only for me Laughing )

And when the boss is facing the other direction
*Atramedes* Pos3

With the proposed positions I won't have any issues healing the tank, further I can help healing the melee group (Group 3) with LightOfDawn

And another idea about the positioning - if the people in Group 1 and 2 (ranged) stay one behind another, it would be easier to run with fire beam, i.e. only the person with the beam runs, while the others stay on the same position. Something like this:
*Atramedes* Pos4

And one more point Smile I found Swiftness Potion extremely helpful while chased by a beam. Of course it can be used once per battle, but still helps Smile

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Rich

Rich

*Atramedes* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *Atramedes*   *Atramedes* EmptyJanuary 11th 2011, 02:52

An interesting proposal, although I think I'd be more inclined to switch you with Ephemera (the reasoning behind the grouping is to allow the priests to AoE heal, and yourself I guess more effectively). I must admit though I think that I'm generally leaning more to going back to the one group method as towards the end we did have a few problems with sonic breath (although the melee MUST go to the other side of the boss, and this will solve a lot of the issues).
Back to top Go down
Lannis

Lannis

*Atramedes* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *Atramedes*   *Atramedes* EmptyJanuary 11th 2011, 04:52

Just to add that a friend of ours explained that they were having far more problems while being in one group and actually made the kill when people were spread around (with dodging all rings ofc). Not sure how it affects the beam. I have to admit that i am personally still confused about the effects of abilities and will try to read some more.
Back to top Go down
Qenna

Qenna

*Atramedes* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *Atramedes*   *Atramedes* EmptyJanuary 11th 2011, 07:17

I think it might also be better when someone else is being followed with Sonic breath to run directly through the breath rather than kiting with the target. Probably better to take one tick then heal up than to risk getting hit multiple times?
Back to top Go down
Lannis

Lannis

*Atramedes* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *Atramedes*   *Atramedes* EmptyJanuary 11th 2011, 07:50

If I am not mistaken being hit by breath adds sound. If you already have stacks, better run, rather then risking adding more stacks and feeling the full sweetness of debastation.
Back to top Go down
Qenna

Qenna

*Atramedes* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *Atramedes*   *Atramedes* EmptyJanuary 11th 2011, 08:02

Lannis wrote:
If I am not mistaken being hit by breath adds sound. If you already have stacks, better run, rather then risking adding more stacks and feeling the full sweetness of debastation.

It does, but the only times people seem to be hit with devastation is when they've taken 3+ ticks from a breath. I guess people need to make a judgement call depending on their sound bars.

Last edited by Qenna on January 11th 2011, 09:05; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lannis

Lannis

*Atramedes* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *Atramedes*   *Atramedes* EmptyJanuary 11th 2011, 08:19

I agree. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

*Atramedes* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *Atramedes*   *Atramedes* Empty

Back to top Go down